Yes for someone who haven’t tried home schooling high school, making their own child’s home school records and transcripts sounds impossible. They have lots of doubts and uncertainties thinking they will ruin or jeopardize the college life of their child. Well, it’s normal to feel that way if we have the reason to do so. But there are times we need to check twice if the way we judge our abilities is right. Maybe we are just lacking self-esteem. Of course we cannot be professional teachers but we can educate our children since we know them better than anyone else does.
First we like to know the reasons why we hesitate to home school our child.
Possible reasons below:
- Intimidated by others who criticize you
- Takes a lot of your time
- We would rather pay someone to do it.
- We haven’t heard of someone who made their own child’s records and transcripts
- We don’t know where to find help
Now we try to weigh them up with these solutions:
- To be an educator of your child requires having the right tools and information. As long as we know how to read, write and willing to learn, we can do it.
- We must not to listen to misleading and intimidating words around us since they don’t know how we feel about the importance of educating our child. Knowing that it is our responsibility as parents to provide quality education to your children will move us to go on.
- We must avail the necessary tools such as videos, audio, books, e-books and coaching programs that cover all the difficult areas of accomplishing your task.
- Making records and transcripts is easy, fun and simple. Just to give one example is to learn how to record our student’s experience on our own Official Home School Transcript, by subject and by year. This can be delightful since we can do it anywhere, anyplace and at our own convenient time. It need not to be formal.
- Working to earn money to pay for agency demands a lot of our time than the hours we will spend educating our child. Teaching our child will cost us very minimal amount while agencies will cost thousands of dollars.
- Many parents have been successful in home schooling high school I’m sure we can too. And college love children who were homeschooled.
- Today coaching program is available. We are not alone to carry the load. We just need to find out where to avail the assistance that we need.
Reading these solutions may still not convince us that we have the capacity to stand as an educator to our child. We may still have the fear and doubts that we will jeopardize our child’s college chance. As I said, it is normal to feel that way. But knowing that thousands of parents had been successful and in homeschooling their child, so we can do it too.